Setting up a Writing Center
As D’Nealian handwriting is being formally taught, students will increase their fine-motor control and fluency through purposeful writing. Interesting choices of independent activities, provided in the classroom Writing Center, will also lead children to regard writing as natural and pleasant.
Materials for the Writing Center
- Writer’s mascot
- Paper and writing tools
- D’Nealian Fonts to make worksheets
- Dictionaries and Thesauri
- Publishing box and materials
- Porftolio file
Original idea from Scott Foresman-Addison Wesley
- Top 3 Activities For Special Needs Students To Practice D’Nealian Handwriting
- 4 Awesome Activities to Practice Writing Uppercase Letters
- Origins of D’Nealian Handwriting Fonts Method
- The Dysgraphia Dilemma: Using Cursive Writing or Printing Writing?
- Choosing The Right Program To Practice Handwriting: Vertical vs. Slanted. Manuscript Alphabets or D’Nealian Alphabets?